Sunday, May 29, 2011

sixteen

I remember those big brown eyes and blonde hair so long it touched your lower back even in a braid. So tiny and adorable, I loved you instantly. I remember how you and I watched the fish swim in the big tank at the Downtown Disney restaurant while we waited for a table. I remember how protectively your "Papi" watched over you as you lie stretched out, fast asleep, as I ate dinner with your family for the first time. That was 12 years ago now, where has the time gone???

Now look at you! You're all grown up and today's your 16th birthday. It's craziness I tell you ;)
Miranda, you're amazing and continue to make your entire family proud every day. You're so very smart, incredibly talented and have such a bright future ahead of you... and we all KNEW that this is exactly the sort of person you would turn out to be. You couldn't end up any other way, you've always been this amazing person only now you're in a taller, 16 year old package!



Hoping you have a wonderful, amazing, fantastic 16th birthday! You deserve that and so much more. We love you very much but remember one little thing....


... You will always be Uncle Thorsten's "Monkeybutt". :)

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment