Thursday, May 26, 2011

Prayer

I wasn't raised in an overly religious home. My Mom had faith but not quite religion, my Dad was raised in a Catholic-centric home complete with Catholic school education by nuns. Tonight, a friend sent out a Facebook status update asking for prayers. And tonight, without hesitation, I closed my eyes and prayed for her. 

I prayed for positivity, for strength, for courage, for small victories and large favors, and of course, for her health.

I read a quote tonight that really touched my heart, and I hope it touches yours as well: 

"Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they assure us that dragons can be beaten." 
-G.K. Chesterton







Rachel, we all love you and are more than ready to help you in whatever way any of us can. You are so loved and know that we support and believe in your own fairytale ending. 

Love ya, Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment