Friday, April 15, 2011

something old, something new...


Look how happy they are! Ali, the pretty blonde + Malia, the pretty brunette were caught sharing a laugh at our friend Abby's wedding last May. I started working with them only a little over a month prior to this, when Abby found out I was a photographer and asked me (on quite a leap of faith) to photograph her wedding. I was terrified, but also confident that I could capture Abby's wedding for her. I am so thankful to Abby + Scott for taking a chance with me, especially on one of the biggest days of their lives. And just look at the doors that have opened to me because of that one day...

In just two weeks, Ali will be getting married and I have also been hired to photograph HER wedding! I'm so excited for her! Once again, I'm terrified, but I think that just means I'm human. What normal human being wouldn't be nervous about the responsibility of  being a wedding photographer? I'm not afraid that I cannot do the job, I am not afraid of making a mistake or somehow missing some critical moment. I raise my expectations of my own abilities every single time I pick up my camera, and I want to deliver the best photographs I've ever taken EVERY, SINGLE, TIME I take a new photo. That fear that I will somehow come face to face with my own limits is the SAME motivation that I use to continually grow as a photographer, to take one step closer to my goals... I really love my job.

Ali, I promise that I will do my very best to give you my absolute best and then some! And I couldn't be happier for you! Two weeks, Lady :) Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment